As some of you may know, cold water swimming has its many benefits.
In reality, all swimming has its benefits on our physical and mental health, however, outdoor swimming in the colder water has a whole lot more.
Popularity of outdoor swimming has risen in the most recent years. One of these reasons is to be believed because of Covid-19, take a look at this article from last year.
Another reason suggested is that Wim Hof has become more well known in the UK over the most recent years. I personally, have seen him on TV programmes and was fascinated with his techniques and abilities.
Wim Hof is a Dutch extreme athlete, who is known for withstanding freezing temperatures and his training and techniques. At 62 years of age, he’s still breaking world records and continually swimming in cold, and I mean cold, water. Not every 62-year-old man can run a barefoot half marathon on ice and snow.
His main ability is to endure extreme temperatures. However, Hoff also claims that the techniques he uses to endure the colder temperatures can be used to boost your immune system and fight many diseases.
Take a look at our five examples of the health benefits of outdoor swimming:
- Outdoor Swimming has shown to improve and strengthen our immune system
- It is a fantastic way to exercise, and helps improve your physical health
- Exercise triggers the release of endorphins which increase your happiness
- It is a great way to improve stress and anxiety, by improving mental health – as endorphins are released
- It increases circulation around the body which can help improve your blood pressure and avoid heart problems
If you want to learn more about Wim Hof and his methods take a look at his website.